Monday, June 20, 2011

Miss Minnesota Week - Saturday

Once Saturday came around it certainly didn't feel real.  I kept thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh a new Miss Minnesota is going to be crowned tonight!"  The brunch that morning was very nice.  All of the contestants stood up and shared a fun memory about the week, we were all laughing and crying by the end of the brunch.  We all honored Kathryn for her outstanding accomplishments during her year of service.  Kathryn, you trully are an amazing young woman. I want to thank you for being such a fabulous representative of not only Minnesota, but of what the Miss America Organization truly represents.

At brunch on Saturday

Reflecting back on the final night of competition, I cannot be more pleased with my performance.  I am honored to say that I was a top ten finalist, a quality of life finalist, and the recipient of the Children's Miracle Network "Miracle Maker Award." I felt and still feel very confident about every area of competition and that's all I could ever ask for.  I know that everything happens for a reason, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me.  Thank you so much to all of my family and friends who helped me every step of the way, I couldn't have done it without you.  Congratulations to the newly crowned Miss Minnesota 2011, Natalie Davis!  I can't wait to see how you will continue to build the Miss Minnesota Organization.  It will be yet another exciting year for Minnesota! 

Accepting the Miracle Maker Award from Gillette's Champion Child, Emily Davis

My Family

Little Sister Queen

It's really difficult to come back to reality after being treated like royalty all week.  It was nice to sleep in this morning and catch up on some much needed sleep though.  I'm diving back into reality quickly as I will be applying to dental school this summer and searching for a "big girl" job during my year off from school.  Please stay tuned to my blog as I will be updating it as I continue my Miss North Metro appearances.  I do not give up my title until October so I will be trying to promote my title as much as possible.  

I will be attending the Miss Brainerd/Miss Baxter pageant on Saturday.  Hope to see you there!

Always,
Bethany Beniek                  

No comments:

Post a Comment