Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Full of Activity

Last week I had the opportunity to speak with the Chaunteuse Choir from Hudson High school about my platform and perform my Miss Minnesota talent piece.  If you remember, I visited this high school about three months ago right when I began working on my talent song, so it was really cool to show them the beginning draft of the song, to the final product!  It was so great rehearsing in front of an audience and getting their feedback.  It was an all girls choir and they had a lot of great insight on the song.  A huge thank you to the Chaunteuse Choir students for being so supportive and I hope to see of you at Miss Minnesota!

This past Friday I was asked to sing the National Anthem for the River Bats home opener game.  The weather was beautiful and it was a great turn out! CLICK HERE if you want to view a video of me singing at the game.  The sound quality isn't the best, but you'll get the idea ;-)

A Real Riverbat :-)

The Color Guard


I was pleasently surprised when the Riverbats introduced me to Gary Gaetti after I sang the National Anthem.  Gaetti (also known as "The Rat" or "G-Man") was a first and third basemen for the Twins when they won the World Series in 1987!  I was thrilled to have gotten a picture with him.

Gary Gaetti and I

On Saturday I woke up bright and early to attend the Children's Miracle Network walk at Como Park.  This was my third consecutive year attending this walk and each year it seems to get bigger and bigger.  If my hearing serves me right I think they raised over $11,000 that day! It was an added bonus to be able to chat with other local title holders as we all walked around the lake together.  The weather was sunny and hot, which explains my flat hair in the following photos ;-)


On Sunday I had my send off party to Miss Minnesota at the Paramount Theatre in St. Cloud.  It was so nice being able to practice each area of competition on such a beautiful stage!  A huge thank you to Chuck Norwood, Trish Novak and Lory for opening the theatre for me.  You have no idea how much I appreaciate it!
My little sister queen, Bailey and I, at my send off party

Family and friends at my send off party

That same day I recieved the information that I was chosen as a Quality of Life Finalist!  I am so honored to even be considered for this scholarship and I am excited to share the experience with Meghan Kuznia, Aja Majkrzak, Tiffany Peterson, Natalie Davis, and Allison Lordbock! Congratulations to you all!

The next few days are filled with mock interviews, rehearsing, work and of course some self pampering.  I'm excited to get a pedicure and manicure with my mom and sister on Friday.  It will be nice to relax and have a girls night before I leave for Miss Minnesota.  Can you believe check in is this Saturday! I better start packing ;-)

Stay tuned as I will be blogging during Miss Minnesota Week.

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment