Sunday, June 12, 2011

Miss Minnesota Week - Sunday

I had so much fun today!  Aja (my roomate) and I got up around 7:00am and started to get ready for our fun filled day.  All the contestants wore their opening number dresses to the Mall of America for the Glitz Fashion Show.  I love wearing pretty dresses and we all got to model two different gowns.  Glitz did a fabulous job with dressing everyone!



My little sister queen, Bailey and I

Kathryn and I

The Brunetts ;-)

After the fashion show we visited with our family and friends and we were off to have a delicious pasta lunch at Crave located right in the Mall of America.

Eating at Crave with Allison

On our way back to the hotel we stopped to take a photo with all of the vehicles that Morrie's Auto donated for the week.  It was an added bonus that we were all were wearing matching dresses, so I'm sure that photo turned out really cute :-)

We arrived back at the hotel around 2:00pm.  My Quality of Life interview was at 4:00pm so I had plenty of time to get ready and collect my thoughts.  I feel like the interview went really well.  There were three judges and they were all extremely nice!  I am not joking when I say these three individuals were so thoughtful, so intrigued, and so excited to be there.  It was an honor to have had the experience of interviewing for this award and to have met these incredible judges.  I wish the other 5 finalist the best of luck and I know whoever wins the Quality of Life Award on Saturday night, all of the women I am competing with this week are genuine, servant leaders and are deserving of this honorable award. 

Quality of Life Finalists

After the Quality of Life interviews were over, we all gathered to head over to Santorini's for Dinner.  It was a lovely place where I had the opportunity to get to know some other contestants better.  I already know that I will be making many new friends this week :-)

Kalli and I

After dinner we came back to the hotel for rehearsal where we went through our swim suit and evening wear walks, and began learning our introduction number.  Let me just tell you, get ready to be entertained! I am so excited to show you my new dancing skills! It's going to be very fun and upbeat.

Showing off our "guns" at rehearsal

Lauren and I at rehearsal

Tomorrow we are visiting Gillette Children's Hospital and the State Capital where we just heard the news that we will be meeting Governer Dayton! How Exciting! I can't wait to hear what he is going to say to us.  After that we will be having dinner at Fuddruckers and then coming back to the hotel for some more rehearsal.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Always,
Bethany Beniek   

No comments:

Post a Comment