Saturday, June 11, 2011

Miss Minnesota Week - Arrival

I still cannot believe that I am sitting in my hotel room for Miss Minnesota week!  Time has gone by so quickly and with the schedule we have been given this week I know the next seven days will fly by.  This morning I picked up some last minute items and packed the rest of my stuff and checked into the hotel this evening.  All of the contestants and the Miss Minnesota directors sat down for a meeting to go over rules and activities we will be doing this week.  There are also going to be some surprises for the production this year so get ready to be on the edge of your seats.

Emily, Mary, Aja, and I

After check-in we all made door hangers to put on our hotel doors.  Everyone was very creative, but I do have to say I was the most impressed with Melissa Paak's door hanger.  She said she wanted to make her's "3D" and I think she did just that! Look at the photo below and you'll know what I'm talking about ;-)

Melissa Paak, Miss North West

My roomie, Aja and I with our door hangers

Allison Lordbock surprised all of the contestants with a fun gift.  She gave us all caps that say "Miss Minnesota 2011," so as you can see below we had some fun with them. 

Allison and I

Tomorrow I am very much looking forward to wearing beautiful gowns in the Glitz Fashion Show at the Mall of America.  It starts at 11am and it is open to the public, I hope to see you there.  After that we are eating at Crave and then coming back to the hotel where I will get ready for my Quality of Life Interview. And then it's off to dinner at Santorini's and having our first rehearsal here at the hotel.  I can't wait to see what our opening number production will be like!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment