Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Beginning of a New Chapter

Where do I even begin?! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of events.  Let's start with my college graduation.  I am officially a graduate from the College of Saint Benedict's with a bachelors degree in biology and a minor in Spanish.  It is such a surreal feeling graduating from college.  I'm still trying to get used to the fact that I don't have homework to do every night or that I don't have to go back to school on the fall.  A whole new chapter in my life has begun and I'm excited to see where God's path leads me.  I am very blessed to have a supportive family and loving friends who helped me get through my years of schooling, whether I needed a home cooked meal, or a friendly phone call, or even a shoulder to cry on when I was stressed-they were always there for me! Thank You!



The same day as graduation, I jumped in the car to travel to Coon Rapids for Kathryn's very last Night of Inspiration Concert where she recognized "Decades of Miss Minnesotas."  It was such an honor listening to former Miss Minnesotas talk about their year of service and who inspired them to keep going.  It was even a greater treat to watch their talents! Honestly, I'm not being biased when I say Minnesota has some of the most talented state titleholders!  From singing, to piano, to flute, to monologues I was completely entertained.  Thank you Kathryn for putting together so many concerts throughout your year as Miss Minnesota, they trully served a noble purpose with inspiring each community with the core message of sharing your unique God given talents to serve others.  



The next week I gave several presentations to young audiences about my platform, "Empowered to Serve: Turning Challenges into Opportunities."  If you are interested in knowing more about my personal platform and what my presentation is all about, please visit my website http://bethany.beniek.biz/   


A little girl squeezing her own lemon into lemonade

That same week I was asked to sing the National Anthem for a men's Gopher baseball game at Target Field!  I was so excited for this appearance that my sister and I went extra early to assure we were there on time.  Once we arrived we were taken to the press box to wait until the game started.  The time was getting close and we were then taken down to the field!  I couldn't believe I was standing on Target field!  Of course this is the month of May in Minnesota and weather is very unpredictable.  The game was postponed several times until finally two hours after the original game time, they officially cancelled the game :-(

Even though I didn't get to actually sing the National Anthem, I still had the incredible opportunity to stand on Target Field.  The Gophers still have my information so everyone cross your fingers that I'll have another opportunity like this next year!



Last week I had my last Pizza Ranch fundraiser in Waite Park for the Children's Miracle Network.  I was thrilled to see some familiar faces like Miss Minnesota's Princess Melanie!  


I check into Miss Minnesota week in less than two weeks!  Every single day is filled with work, appearances, and rehearsal!  I am getting more excited by the day and cannot wait to begin all of the Miss Minnesota festivities.       

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment