Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Miss America Prelim Night #1

Tonight is the first night I have had access to the internet here in Las Vegas! It has been quite the experience thus far.  I walked more steps in the past three days than I ever have in an entire month.  Did I mention I only packed heels? My feet are definately getting broken in for Miss MN week ;-)

In front of the strip

I got to watch the Miss America contestants rehearse the opening number on Monday morning.  I was one of the very few people watching the Monday rehearsal because most of the fans were arriving on Tuesday (the first night of prelims). Today I was up early to watch Kathryn rehearse her talent for her performance this evening.  I also saw her randomly with a small group of contestants in the hotel shooting a commercial for Saturday's telecast on ABC.

At the Monday Rehearsal
I caught a photo of Kathryn when she was walking through the lobby 

She truly is an outstanding representative for Minnesota and I have been nothing but proud every time I see Kathryn.  I'm sure you all are keeping up with the photos she has been posting on her Facebook page and she is stunning in every single one!  Not only is she beautiful, she is so talented!  Tonight was the first night of prelims and she rocked the Miss America stage with her piano piece.  I was fortunate enough to be sitting in the 12th row and got an awesome video of her performing.  Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnGWK7AanXc 

Watching talent rehearsals
Aja, Allison and I at first night of prelims

After the show we were all excited to go to visitation and tell Kathryn how wonderful she was doing!  She definitely has one of the biggest support systems here in Vegas!  I'm excited to sleep in a bit tomorrow and finally see the famous "Trunk Show" everyone has been talking about.

I still can't believe I am in Las Vegas watching the Miss America Pageant!  It's so surreal to me. I only pray that someday I will have the opportunity to compete on that stage.

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment