Sunday, December 12, 2010

Inspiring America Concert #6

On December 4th I attended my 6th "Inspiring America" concert.  This was Kathryn's last concert before she competes for Miss America in January.  It was yet again an evening filled with entertainment, laughter, and inspiring stories.  I realized that I sometimes underestimate the healing power of God.  John Leggate helped me see His power.  Here is part of his story from www.whohasinspiredyou.com  

          "Six years ago, John Leggate was diagnosed with cancer and given just months to live. 
          He sold his store in Minneapolis, planned his funeral and spent what he thought would
          be his last days with his family.  Here we are today... and John Leggate is still with us. 
          The doctors say that they have never seen anything like it and that he is truly a miracle. 
          John's attitude and amazing spirit and will to live should be an example for all of us to 
          follow."

The concert was a great success and I hope Kathryn will make her goal of raising $15,000 for the Children's Miracle Network before Miss America!  If you want to help the cause please buy one of Kathryn's CD's entitled "Blessed Beyond Measure" that contains 12 original compositions at www.whohasinspiredyou.com/cd.php 

We Love Our "Who Has Inspired You" T-Shirts!

I hope everyone is staying safe in this winter wonderland that I like to call Minnesota!  Yesterday alone I got stuck in the snow twice with my little Chevy Cavalier :-(  No need to go to the gym anymore, I have a driveway full of snow that needs to be shoveled every day! Not my favorite work out, but necessary.

I'm getting very excited to perform christmas carols at the Mall of America on December 23rd!  I have been rehearsing my christmas tunes ever since Thanksgiving!  I hope you can all make it!  I will be performing with Miss North Metro's Outstanding Teen, Bailey Wachholz,  between 3:00-4:00pm in the Best Buy Rotunda.  We will also be selling red and yellow silicone bracelets benefiting the Children's Miracle Network. Can't wait!

Always,
Bethany Beniek   

No comments:

Post a Comment